With your busy work schedule never giving you a break, having your commercial windows cleaned is at the bottom of the priority list. While putting up with the dirty windows seems like a simple solution, it is important to understand the negative effects dirt and debris can have on the overall lifespan of your commercial windows.
Why Are Clean Windows Important?
Having your commercial windows cleaned annually plays a major role in the lifespan of your window. Over time, debris in the atmosphere collects on your windows, which can cause a loss of transparency and make glass more fragile. Clean windows prevent frame weathering that may decrease the lifespan of your window. Clean windows also allow more natural light into your workspace, reducing the amount of lamps and overhead lighting needed, potentially lowering your electric bills. Also keep in mind that the credibility of your business is important, and believe it or not, clean windows can make a difference in how customers perceive your organization.
How Often Should I Have My Windows Cleaned?
General guidelines for cleaning your commercial windows:
- Restaurants: Every one to two weeks
- High Traffic Retail Stores: Every two to four weeks
- Healthcare Facilities: Every four weeks
- Low Traffic Offices/Retail Stores: Every four to eight weeks
- Lobbies in Office Buildings: Every four to eight weeks
- Office Buildings: Once or twice per year
While these recommended guidelines are a great starting point, there are many factors to consider when deciding how often you should clean your commercial windows. Here are four factors to consider:
- Type of business. Restaurant windows should be cleaned every two weeks due to the buildup of moisture and grease circulating in the air, from food and heavy foot traffic. Healthcare facility and retail store windows should be cleaned once a month to maintain clean facilities for clients. While windows in office buildings only need to be cleaned twice a year, business owners may opt for more frequent window cleanings to maintain clean and professional looking windows.
- Location. Businesses that are located near busy streets or highways tend to become dirty quicker than roads with light traffic, and may need to be cleaned more frequently.
- Season and weather. During spring, we often experience a lot of rain and heavy pollen from the blooming flowers. The rain and particles in the air leave mineral deposits which can deplete your windows after an extended amount of time. To maintain the quality and appearance of your windows, be sure to clean them frequently.
- Landscaping. The landscaping around your business also plays an important role in deciding how often you should have your windows cleaned. If your building is against a parking lot, surrounded by mulched flowerbeds or trees, you may need to have your windows cleaned more frequently because of the debris from the surrounding landscape.
Who Should I Hire to Clean My Commercial Windows?
Having your windows /about-us/professionally cleaned by window washers is the best way to ensure your windows last as long as possible, but what commercial cleaning service should you choose? At Western Reserve Window Cleaning, each of our window washers goes through an extensive training process to learn how to properly clean windows to the highest standard. We will work with you to build a maintenance schedule that meets your personal needs and budget. Using professional tools, our window washers make cleaning high windows look easy!
Don’t let your dirty commercial windows give your customers and clients a negative impression of your business. Western Reserve Window Cleaning can take care of the window cleaning for you! Contact us today for a free estimate.